Brian Nystrom

Default Making fiberglass not slippery

John Smith wrote:

I am putting some fiberglass/epoxy on the floor of my shower (okay, it is a
little off topic, but I could have said my boat deck...) and I want to be
sure it is not slippery. I was thinking about sprinkling some sand on it
before it is totally set. Does that make sense, or is there a better way?

Sprinkle salt or sugar on it while it's wet, they hose it off after it dries.
The salt/sugar will dissolve away, leaving a finely textured surface that won't
show sand as it wears. For a coaser texture, use rock salt.

--
Regards

Brian