steve

Default In the Buff?

use a cabinetmakers scraper, protect the surrounding painted areas
with masking tape, i.e. leave only the drip un taped.

good luck
steve

wrote in message ...
In message
(mike worrall) wrote:

While painting the boot stripe (with 2-part polyurethane) on my
inverted hull, I (carelessly!) splattered a drip or two on my nice,
new shiny Awl Grip topsides and didn't notice till a day later.

I've tried rubbing it out with an acetone moisteded rag to no avail.

Any suggestions (short of sandpaper) for removing these spots?
Buffing compound?

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles

Try Cellulose (paint) thinners usually a bit more effective than Acetone
and you may be able to scrape off the top of the drip with a plastic
scraper and still find the inner paint soft enough to wipe off cleanly.

Steve.