Stephen Hull

Default Painting with Two-Pack

In message
"fraggy" wrote:

hiya
the problem with 2 pack paints is they contain cyanide so unless you have
the right equipment I would think again, yes I know people use it with
little or no protection but that's up to the individual.

Breathing apparatus should be utilised when spraying two pack paints as
they do contain isocyanate.

I have the use of a large ventilated area when I get round to painting
the vehicle and I also intend wearing a mask.

I recently painted my hull with yacht enamel using a small radiator roller
with a foam roller, instead of tipping off with a brush I used the same
roller very lightly over the previously painted area and the finish rivals
spraying.

I won't be using a roller only a brush, Hoping this will also rival a
spray finish. I've decided not to use synthetic primers or undercoats
as I've just purchased two pack primer to use on the woodwork as this
should eliminate any possible synthetic paint solvent problems.

Steve.