Backyard Renegade

Default Where can I find info?

"Terry Cano" wrote in message ...
I'm selling the VW project car and building a boat...nothing special
I would like to build a 10 + ft Sail Boat suitable for the larger lakes
around
Southern Cal. I have no desire to keep up with Jet Skiers so a few knots is
plenty
I'm considering a Lee Board as opposed to CB...why? Different and better for
shallow draft I figure
here's the big question I'm 310 Lbs with my wife 460 Lbs and want to figure
out the weight capacity is there a formula
Terry

Well I will note that I made no jokes... I did however misread your
post. I am really happy that your wife does not weigh 400 plus pounds!
Now the bad news... I had a guy that was about 225, his wife was 105.
The boat (12 footer) did have a lot of rocker being a sailboat but for
him to sit in the rear of the boat, he needed several bags of sand in
the bow, just one with his wife on board. It made it very difficult to
even hand a soda back to him when I was in the boat. It is *your*
weight that is the problem, you really need a boat big enough for you
to move around in. I still say you will need something at least 16
feet... Sorry to tell you that but anything smaller will be
uncomfortable and unstable to move around in, board, sail, etc...
Scotty from SmallBoats.com