Bryan Hilterbrand

Default Newbie: Want recommendations for boatbuilding books

"Al" wrote in message
Read a LOT of books. It's surprising what YOU can accumulate to develop

YOUR
'style'. I really don't think *any* SNG boat is *entirely* SNG; to make

it
come out 'fair' sometimes you need a combination of techniques.

Very good point, in the same vein, spend some time using the net to see

how
other people are building their boats, you'll learn a surprising amount

from
the net as you find the websites. I'd hand you my list of bookmarks had

it
not gone west with an OS. Duckworks used to be a good place to start (may
still be if the boatindex is still free), but I object to paying to see
something that somebody hasn't been paid to produce. simplicityboats.com

(I
think) may not be directly relevant, but it has links which may well prove
useful to you. You'll find most decent boatbuilding websites are linked

all the other (non-commercial) decent boatbuilding websites.

Al,

Thanks for the information! I've found some of the sites on the
internet, but I know there are more out there. So far, I've mostly
found the "plans for sale" type sites, but I did find this one that I
found interesting: http://home.earthlink.net/~swier/bbfile1.html

If you can think of any other sites, please send them to me!

Bryan