Ron Magen

Default Where can I find info?

Steve,
Maybe not a joke, but if this guy is for real . . SOMEBODY has to get
through to him about REALITY.

I've seen people who have no concept of physics, or common sense, over load
a small boat BEYOND 'dangerous'. It's one thing when they are rather fit
people & their kids . . . there is the possibility of survival re-boarding a
flipped or swamped boat.

On the other hand, I helped a gentleman get his wife aboard a 20 ft. {or so}
powerboat . . when she went over the side AT THE DOCK. She was TWICE his
size, and he was of average fitness & size. I helped by showing & telling
him WHAT and HOW to do it. Although he had already gone into the water
{leaving two small children aboard} he could NEVER have pushed her aboard.
If it had happened 'in a seaway' or out on the Delaware {with it's 6-7 knot
current} they would probably BOTH have drowned. NEITHER was wearing a PFD.

Whether they ever purchased, or made, the emergency rope 'ladder' {I used an
extra dock-line}, I don't know. Hopefully the experience stuck with them. I
DID give them a stern 'safety lecture'.

As to their feelings; several days later we went to check on our P-19, there
was a nice bottle of wine, with a bow around the neck, sitting under the
cockpit cover.

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{all 225+ pounds of him}

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Joseph Stachyra says:

is this posting a JOKE.....

I don't think so. But you better hope he doesn't find out what part of
Tunkhannock you hail from.......
I know it's not "cool" to be PC any more, but it is still rude to poke fun

at
folks' weights.

Steve