cavalamb himself cavalamb himself is offline

Default Moving the boat...

Joe wrote:

BTW, I meant to ask about something I thought I read about your
experience with USCG.

I thought I read that they wouldn't take just the injured crew member,
and isnsited on taking everybody off.

Did I misread that?

Richard- Hide quoted text -

No you did not miss read that. "All or None".

That seems a little high handed.

"We'll rescue the injured person - but it will cost you the boat"?
Is that normal

I guess. We tried 3 commerical tow companies then requested a tow
from Houston after we lost steering, none would come and provide a
tow. I was told the the USCG Heron was dispached then turned around in
favor of a Helo. I guess I could get an offical report from the USCG
to try to figure offical policy on tows if one exists. But way second
guess anything? Learn and move on.

Joe

I have to admire your fortitude, but
that's one hell of a hard lesson, Joe.