posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Cleverly Brian Cleverly is offline

Default lining water tanks

Nigel wrote:
I have steel water tanks on my boat (www.jassira.com) that are still
solid but the insides are a bit mucky and rusty. My plan is to line the
inside with glass fiber. . I have woven cloth, polyester resin, gel coat
and a waxing agent that when mixed to the gel coat allows it to air
dry. I had thought of using epoxy resin, which I understand is more
water resistant, but when I went to buy some, it was suggested that
epoxy might leach nasty things into the water..... I only want to do
the job once so what resin should I be using...
Thanks for your help

I would seriously suggest you take a look at the PermaFlex and LRB coating
system sold he

http://www.sanitred.com/WaterTank.htm

Brian C