Ed Edelenbos

Default HULL

Agreed... I always figure the absolute max. _working_ load is 40% of
the max displacement weight (i.e. weight to sink). Plus, I round up
when estimating the weight of materials. My working load (calculated)
is the ("weight to 0" waterline"-weight of materials)*.40. I'd do this
on a program that claimed 100% accuracy.

The gist of what I'm getting to is that I've found the hulls software
easy to use and accurate enough for planning. For what I paid, I'm
getting a real bargain. Admittedly, I'm still learning my way around
all of this and there is "empirical" data to collect but I've entered a
couple existing boat dimensions (just to get the feel of the program)
and the numbers are coming up in a predictable way.

Ed

William R. Watt wrote:
Ed Edelenbos ) writes:

... I've been working
out displacement and waterlines at given loads and it works like a
charm.

Carlson admits to some inaccuracy there. I'd allow a 10% margin of error
based on comparisons I've done with the free hull design program from Blue
Peter and with a program I wrote for flat bottom skiffs.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm