Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Moving the boat...

"cavalamb himself" wrote in message
Roger Long wrote:

patgiron" wrote

If you love to sail and have time to cruise. I would just do it.
Hiring a captain to take you would be alot less than all of the
charges for over the road. I do not have Pacific Ocean expirence, so
it is just a thought. If you love sailing like I do just do it.

Sure, no reason to let the fact that it's an unknown and unfamiliar boat
and you have very little offshore experience hold you back. EPIRB's now
provide your exact location, GPS makes navigation a snap. Modern radios
are very good and the taxpayers very tolerant of rescuing sailors who get
in over their heads. The boat isn't costing you much. If you get a
little seasick or decide it's not the lifestyle for you, just hit the red
button on DSC radio and wait for the chopper.

People do it all the time.

--
Roger Long

I'm not rich enough to have that casual an attitude towards valuable and
irreplacable property.

And I pretty well know my limits at sea.

We'll truck her down.

I'll have about 10% of her value invested then - not much by rich man
standards maybe.

And I'm getting a lot more boat for the money than I expected to buy.

That doesn't make her disposable...

Richard

Darn... thought I might get a ride south... definitely better than the other
direction!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com