posted to rec.boats.cruising, rec.boats
Joe Joe is offline

Default Missing Boat - Catalina 38 "Ripper"

On Feb 9, 7:46*pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 31, 2:56*pm, Dan Best wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

* Is that a small boat for a trip on those waters?

As someone who has made it to the S. Pacific and back with my Tayana 37,
I'd say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the length. *\

The Catalina 30 I used to own certainly wasn't a boat that was desighed
for offshore work, but I dunno anything specific about the Catalina 38.
* *It's probably a perfectly appropriate boat to be out there with.

--
Dan Best
s/v Tricia Jean, Tayana 37 #192

Anyone know of an update?

I was wondering that myself. The first report was on Jan 2nd, it did
not make it online here till the 31st.

G6XCJ HELP 01.02.08 10:41l 20 Lines 724 Bytes #999 (0) @ WW
BID : 800120G6XCJ
Subj: Missing vessel 38ft Catalina
Hello all,

Have been requested to give info on a missing vessel the 38ft Catalina
en-
route Florida to Guadelope via Cuba et Dominikan Republic. Known comms
on
board VHF Marine radio. Name of vessel Ripper. (Have checked with
APRS.FI
who are unable to give a callsign for vessel). POB two french
nationals
male 65 and female 58. Reported overdue at destination by a relative.
Any
sightings please to US CoastGuard. Have done a sat search but without
callsign of vessel seemingly impossible. (Source of alert:Winlink).

Best wishes/Meilleurs sentiments/Bo-jong