bowgus

Default How big a boat can be launched at a boat ramp?

Lemme clarify anysize ... anysize you can tow to the ramp :-)

"bowgus" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Well here's the thing ... any size, since at some point, the boat will
(hopefully) float thereby leaving only the trailer weight to deal with. I
have launched where my jeep has been pulled down the ramp brakes locked
tires squeeling all the way. Fortunately, command-trac 4L gets the boat

back
up the ramp at the end of the day. It's the retrieval that could be a
problem ... not the launch ... my opinion.

"Tony V" wrote in message
I know the exact answer depends on ramp angle, height
of waterline above grade and tow vehicle height,
but I was wondering in general, just how big a boat can be
launched without dangerously submerging the tow vehicle.

What's your experience?

Tony V