just_passing@

Default Anyone building a 24V system?

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:44:32 -0500, Dazed and Confuzed
wrote:

Glenn Ashore wrote:

If you are, I just found the deal of the century on eBay. Check out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=24 25955223

A 125 amp Electrodyne alternator current bid is $23.50 with no reserve.
It is an $1,800 brushless alternator. Probably one of the best ever
made. I am already committed to 12V or I would be watching it like a
hawk ready to bid.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

can you modify the windings to make it 12 v? Sometimes you can......?

Just Tap off from 2 - 12 volt batteries easiest.
Then you split your load between both. - plus you still have 24 volts
as well.
But you still don't gain - as in energy input must still equal work
output - So amps * volts = watts so you still need the motor hp's to
turn it over. So if you don't need it, its overkill.