Backyard Renegade

Default FYI for those working with fiberglass

stevej wrote in message ...
Having once worked for Owens Corning on a fiberglas insulation packing
line, I can say with some assurance that there is no way to not get
itchy when working with the stuff. The only thing that worked for the
line workers was to wear short sleeves and take cold showers as already
mentioned. Some people are more prone to discomfort from this stuff than
others. I found that, I know it sounds crazy, that a couple of aspirins
reduced the itching sensation somewhat when I just couldn't stand it any
more.
We also took salt pills which made us sweat and that also seemed to
help. It was hot in that damn hell hole. Makes sanding a boat seem like
drinking a beer under a shady tree.
SteveJ

Phil wrote:
After a day of working and grinding the deck of a project boat the one thing
I didn't think of was,,,,,,,,fiberglass getting all over me.
Well ,,,we learn from our mistakes right!
Some people say to take a pair of panty hose and rub it off,,,,,,doesn't
work,,LOL
I did learn that if you cover yourself with hair conditioner when you show
and then wash with soap most will be removed.
After the shower take a roll medical gauze and clean yourself it will remove
the rest of the glass.
Just thought this would be of use to some of the folks that helped me with
my project boat.

Phil Smith
Jax.Fl

Well, a few weeks ago I was sanding a boat in my driveway... Because
of the light colored house and dark driveway the thermometer 3 feet
off the ground said 128 degrees.... Some beer...