Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Moving the boat...

"cavalamb himself" wrote:

I've never done this before, so I feel pretty clewless (clueless for
lubbers).

Has anybody had to move a fairly big boat overland?

I need to move a Hunter 38 - in Washington state,
down to Houston (texas).

I've googled up some boat movers - but -

what to look for?
what to watch out for?

What extra expenses to plan on?

Is there a better way?

Just went thru an exercise of getting quotes on moving a large boat.

Based on that experience, would give serious consideration to either
selling existing boat "where is, as is" and buying replacement in
Texas, or shipping by water since boat is less than 40 ft.

Shipping overland will be probably big$, compared to other options,
IMHO.

Lew