Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Moving the boat...

The Columbia is navigable. Don't know where your boat is but tri
cities down is fine. Might have to reef in the gorge tho.!
The Pacific coast can be tough. Not many good hideyholes. Most
harbors have bars to cross. Best to go 150 miles out and head south.
As for trucking, check with a freight forwarding company. Neighbor
saver a bundle that way on a used life raft.
Also, craigslist has ads occasionally.

As for the Sail-It option:

I was told by the people at the marina up there that the Columbia River
is navigable (via locks) all the way to the Pacific (Astoria, Oregon).
But I haven't been able to confirm that yet.
I haven't got the charts yet.
I was hoping someone here on the list might know?

I have the time to sail it around.
But not that much blue water experience.
I've been out in the Gulf a few times is all.
This would be - by far - my longest voyage so far.

But then - that was the idea after all - go cruise for a while...

Well, we'll know more in just a few weeks.