Don White Don White is offline

Default Moving the boat...

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
news:2008020807231375249-jerelull@maccom...
On 2008-02-08 03:02:13 -0500, RichH said:

Is there a better way?

Sail it around if you have the time. Or sail it to So. Cal and truck
from there ... less *total* $$$ per mile charges.

I'm all for sailing a sailboat, but I gotta say that some movements are
more suited to overland than mucking about on the water.

The original poster strikes both of us as a newbie, NOT someone I would
comfortably recommend sailing from WA to anywhere, as that coast isn't
friendly. And it doesn't get much better for a newbie anywhere along the
path to TX.

Thus, I'd say the proper path in this case is trucking it overland.

For full disclosure, I've been considering the possibility of "trucking"
our boat to the BVI on a freighter or "float-on transporter", then
drifting downwind as we discovered the eastern Caribbean. The cost of
getting to the BVI upwind on her own keel is likely considerably greater,
and a possible relationship-breaker. We can do downwind without even
breathing hard.

I've enjoyed the the "do it" club, but have found that the "enjoy it" club
is a lot more fun.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

mmm BVI!
My buddy sent me an e-mail to check out the Saba Rock webcam. His boat is
supposed to be moored just off the Freedom Yachts slips not too far from
the Bitter End yacht Club.