Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Four days on a mega yacht

On 2008-02-07 07:15:03 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore" said:

Talked to the engineer/purser. He said that it cost about $1 million a
year to keep her running. She is available for charter by the week for
about the cost of Rutu's spars, sails, rigging, winches and engine. :-)

And I reiterate: I doubt they enjoy the time any more than we do.

Actually, I really mean: they can't enjoy their time as much as we (you
and we) do.

Rutu's your labor of love. Xan-à-Deux is our pleasure dome for two (and
saying what I'm remembering would be rude).

I wouldn't trade you a week of Rutu "work" against a week of enjoying
Xan, but I can easily accept your joy of creation, and wouldn't mind
contributing given a chance and free time. As an ex-cabinet maker, I
know the joy of creating and hope to heap appropriate accolades upon
you when I observe your lovely creation

BUT after a few years of a fairly good salary while I tried to build, I
decided to buy what existed instead.

Time spent with a happy lady DEFINITELY trumps time spent building,
chipping and scraping.

And time spent out in a secluded anchorage in a functional boat with
same happy lady ....

Oh, GAWD! (particularly when repeated!)

Sorry, I'm not trashing you at all, but I want to warn others who think
they might have your obsession to do it to for the RIGHT reasons.

Xan's only 28 feet, but she's fully functional and fully paid for, so
trumps any behemoth connected to the Bank (or under construction).

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD