posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Erosion of the Zinc anode and HF transmission via PacTOR modemand Sailmail

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
Agreed that is probably the best description of a good grounding system. I
have followed it including the isolation caps between the RF ground and
engine/keel and a DIY DC block on the VHF coax but I still have one path for
RF to get to the DC ground. The power line to the SSB. With the coax from
the SSB to the tuner disconnected the DMM shows infinite resistance. With
the SSB connected (but not on) I get 8 ohms. I think I need to add a DC
block on that coax too.

To me, that means the ssb DC ground must read 8 ohms to the shield
of the rf out cable of the ssb. I suspect you're reading thru some
components that probably, effectively, goes away when the unit is
operating. Does the reading change when you reverse polarity?