NLC

Default FYI for those working with fiberglass

funny noone told you about that before you got started. Before I
fiberglassed my hull, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I talked to warned
me about how bad it was going to be from all the fibers itching and
such and about all the precausions I should take like duct tape around
gloves and pants legs and throw away all the clothes afterwards. I
didn't go that extreme and I found that the fibers wern't as big a
problem as they said.

"Phil" wrote in message .net...
After a day of working and grinding the deck of a project boat the one thing
I didn't think of was,,,,,,,,fiberglass getting all over me.
Well ,,,we learn from our mistakes right!
Some people say to take a pair of panty hose and rub it off,,,,,,doesn't
work,,LOL
I did learn that if you cover yourself with hair conditioner when you show
and then wash with soap most will be removed.
After the shower take a roll medical gauze and clean yourself it will remove
the rest of the glass.
Just thought this would be of use to some of the folks that helped me with
my project boat.

Phil Smith
Jax.Fl