Glenn Ashmore

Default fun new engine

Injecting steam at "supersonic speeds" is going to require a really high
pressure boiler. Hot seawater is extremely corrosive and as the water
boils off and the salt concentrates it will get even more so.

Even in fresh water just think of the crud that will build up in the
boiler. Seems like a neat idea though.

Fred Williams wrote:
Well unless you want to use sea water, the steam system is a net loss
requring some continious amount of "makeup" water. The vessel will be
required to carry both fuel and water. Or, as I said, boil sea water I
suppose.

"Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message

Looks very cool... I wonder what the price point is...

malcolm wrote:

you might find this interesting.
http://www.pursuitdynamics.com/default.asp
radical new form of water pulse Jet for Boats.
regards malcolm

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com