kwken

Default Floor of boat

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:18:22 -0400, Ed Edelenbos
wrote:

Especially considering the small size (and therefore the small amount of
mat'l needed), I would suggest you consider some of the recycled plastic
lumber out there and even add additional stringers to support it if
necessary. You are going to be barefooted and the crabs and fish will
invariably come in contact with the floor. I cringe when I see treated
lumber in boats like this. The recycled stuff will cost a bit more (but
because it is small, the total cost won't be much either way) but it
will never rot and it won't add unhealthy "spices" (cyanide, arsenic,
etc.) to your catch.

I forgot all about the extra's that come with treated lumber.. I'll
look and see when I take out the floor if I could replace it with TREK
decking, They have it at Home Depot here.. Thanks for the idea on the
composite decking.. The thought didn't even cross my mind.. The carpet
like it has now just seems like a factory for unhealthy conditions for
fishing and crabbing.. Plus I think decking will add to the boat..

Thanks again