Backyard Renegade

Default plywood grain direction

(philip cosson) wrote in message . com...
Hi, I'm a complete novice but expect to build an optimist from plans
using stich and glue technique. I was wondeing if there is any "best"
way to cut the sections out of the ply with regard to grain direction
and stiffness.

Cheers

Philip

Not to be a wise ass, but what material do the origional plans call
for? Use plywood with as many plys as possible, especially if you are
going to have to end join with either scarf or butt joints. It is
really important to know how the inside of the boat is framed, what
materials the plan calls for and so fourth before we can make a good
determination as to what you should do...
Scotty from SmallBoats.com