Larry

Default Somebody Doesn't Like This News Group

Ed wrote:
It is the fault of the person
doing the malicious behavior not those affected by said behavior.

I agree entirely. But I also know I have little control over what these
"script kiddies" turn loose on the web.

I DO have control over what my PC sends out and it is the responsibility of
EVERY PC OWNER (including me) to prevent viruses from spreading. One very
effective plan is to arm with the latest A/V tools. None of us should say
"Oh it won't happen to me". This is how viruses are spread.

From the original post I thought I sensed a mis-understanding of viruses. My
time spent on this topic is only an attempt to help you all out by
preventing the further spread of viruses. We all should be part of the
solution. Anyone who has no up to date A/V is part of the problem. I did not
intend to "ruffle any feathers".

Larry Wagar
Skagit Media Productions
(360) 854-0709
larry at skagitmedia dot com
www.skagitmedia.com
Featuring: Virtual Tours,
Database driven ASP sites,
ASP Hosting $8.25 month,
MLS Real Estate Sites

"Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

Like I did something wrong by using my business signature line?

No, nothing to do with the sig... I figure that is normal. The "what
are you building" was an attempt to get things back on track.
Diversions and OT banter lets us know that we aren't one-minded geeks
unable to relate to the rest of the world. But... this thread is
getting a mind of it's own.

I'm sorry if I caught you on a bad day there Ed. If you go back and read

my
original reply, you'll see I was only offering my help and I certainly

did
nothing to prompt such a response from you.

You could have caught me on an exceptionaly good day and said, "Where
you should place blame is on the individual for not using a current
antivirus to protect their PC." and have gotten a similar response. I'd
still say it is a goofy thing to say. It is the fault of the person
doing the malicious behavior not those affected by said behavior.

Ed