Brian Whatcott

Default Somebody Doesn't Like This News Group

Er...let me guess:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.2)
Gecko/20030208
Netscape/7.02

That's what it says on your header, anyway - dedicated newsreaders
make headers optionally visible - so you can bet the harvesters
can read at least this much...

Brian W

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:43:51 -0400, Ed Edelenbos
wrote:

Yeah... I don't even want to mention the news reader I use lest someone
figures out how to hack into it. For a while, the "official update"
(yeah right), progs would show up as attachments but because I don't use
outlook, the sit there waiting to be run (or deleted in my case.)

Ed

Jacques Mertens wrote:
The problem is with MS Outlook. Use Pegasus instead as we do.

"Ed Edelenbos" wrote in message

No... and almost as unlikely (I think) if you have a "spamblocker" in
your return email address. I think what happens is someone has a
program that reads a list of messages and extracts the email addresses
it finds. Then, the sender (probably automatically) sends the
spam/virus to all the addresses.

Ed

Gary Wright wrote:

So, is it possible to get a virus just by reading a NewsGroup post?
-GW

In article , Dave Fleming

wrote:

Ayup,just got yet another virus, Norton caught it, address list is
full of familiar names of posters to this group.
Be Aware People!

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/djf3rd
Tales of a Boat Builder Apprentice