Marc Heusser[_2_] Marc Heusser[_2_] is offline

Default CE Category System

In article
,
kit wrote:

Thank you, gentlemen. That was very helpful, but I would be pleased
for a bit more explanation. To use an example, I have been reviewing
sales brochures for two Jeanneau sailboats, the 39i and the 39DS.
Jeanneau lists CE Category A-9 / B-10 / C-12 for the 39i and A-8 /
B-10 / C-12 for the 39DS. The question I have is: why is there more
than one CE mark for each boat, what are the numerical designations,
and why would one be A-9 and the other A-8 when they are nearly
identical boats?

Most likely the numbers are permitted crew size for the respective range.
Otherwise feel free to ask Jeanneau at www.jeanneau.fr.

HTH

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com