Brian Whatcott

Default Fibreglass reapir

On 20 Jul 2003 14:04:45 -0700, (Dave K)
wrote:

Hi, I need to repair a hole in a fibreglass boat that is in the white
part of the hull and the blue stripe along the hull. Can anyone point
me to a good tutorial to show me how to do this?

Ta v. much.

Others could tell you better - but here's a basis:
prepare the hole with gently tapering edges using an angle grinder,
leaving no visible cracks to cover with glass.
Preferably apply a smooth plastic backing plate inside the hole,
and apply epoxy/glass cloth patches in gradually increasing sizes
until the surface is at least flush with the hull. I like to cover
with a cling film stretched cover taped to surrounding structure in
order to give a smooth high gloss surface.

Rub down and smooth as necessary when hardened, and paint
to suit.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK