Ervin Charles

Default 1993 Bayliner 1954CW

Phil,
Epoxy is the right stuff and will stick to damn near anything and
everything. If you are worried about adhesion to the inside of your hull,
rough up the area with 36 grit sand paper and then wipe it down with
Acetone. The epoxy will stick, I guarantee. I use West System epoxy with a
slow hardener, number 206 I think it is. I'm sure that most other brands
would be just fine but I have had great luck with West System as it seems to
be very forgiving if I over or under mix the two parts. If you are going to
cover the deck with fiberglass then a 6 oz cloth should do the trick. Double
it up in high traffic areas.
My 2 cents worth.
Charles