posted to rec.boats.racing
Gnat Gnat is offline

Default Driving a dinghy through waves

Dear chaps and chappesses

Showered by the success of your previous advice on the subject of
sailing in bigger winds, I wonder if I can now tempt you into your
second tour de force.

The challenge: To tell my boys the art of driving a dinghy through
waves at sea. We're not talking BIG waves here but waves from (say)
two feet up to (say) 6 feet, such that the hull of the boat in front
disappears from view.

We're talking about the most effcient to get from A to B, upwind,
downwind and reaching. For the sake of this, assume a Cadet dinghy,
3.2 metres with a small flat bow transom, being sailed by 12-15 year
olds.

Best wishes
Stephen Page