posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Land use of marine radios

"John Anderson" wrote in news:fo2cuh$v7v$1
@news.netins.net:

A local Marine towing outfit in Ft Madison, IA uses Channel 11
for their trucks running around town, or at least they did when
I worked down there.

I guess this is the new Citizens' Band ?

I knew someone in the pest control business in Greenville, SC, way up in
the mountains where the band is truly dead. He ran the pest control
business with Standard VHF marine radios for many years.

I can tell you this because they're all dead, now....