Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Four days on a mega yacht

Hey Glenn,
It's still nice to see how the big boys do it. It can be very educational.
It is especially eye opening when you get to see yard service on these
things when all the pretty panels are removed.
Steve

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
news
Well, that was interesting. Lots of polished metal, hand rubbed varnish
on exotic woods, acres of teak deck. Nothing for me to fix here. The
whole d%^*ed thing was computerized! Big screen TVs in the staterooms
that got a more channels than I get at home and could link to the ship's
systems to display everything from the GPS charts to the EGT. I wouldn't
be suppressed if the heads monitored what I had for dinner the night
before. Talk about feeling useless, I couldn't even keep my wine glass
empty.

The upper decks were nice but the engine room was a thing of beauty and a
wonder to behold. A pair of V20 MTU 4000s surrounded by enough pumps,
gensets, A/C compressors and water makers to keep a small city running. I
could retire on what one of those exhaust elbows cost. Even a full
machine shop that opened up to the "dinghy" hanger.

The down side was that we didn't up anchor but once and smoking only on
the swim platform. Oh, it was 30F in ATL when I got off the plane last
night and Spirit lost my bag with jacket and long pants.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com