P.C.

Default Hull speed theory?

Hi

"Sakari Aaltonen" skrev i en meddelelse
In article ,
Al wrote:
Amazing what the net holds, but... I'm not looking for formulas,
I'm looking for the theory behind them. One good book on fluid
dynamics should do it.

can I get back to you in a couple of years when I've done my engineering
degree?

Not on Usenet you can't. Too many Greek letters. Partial derivatives.
Nabla. Stuff.

Sakari Aaltonen

It's beauty that make a boat fly fast )
But you must trust the vision of the designer , ----- boats is not just about
going fast or efficient, but being able to do so by generations´of craftmen and
designers. Colin Archer had the Wave-theorie , that was easily understood, but
this guy scrapped the Viking style hull details, lost the speed got safe
vessels, but a dead end road.
Just like doing a foam boat at the cost of a farm, not to develob new Digital
technology good for making space craft's , but fine to support an old much
bigger petrochemic industrie.
You want speed , ask new technology and hire a Designer, ------ or check the
web.
Look for positive side effects, like ease of building.
P.C.
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2648.html