Jacques Mertens

Default Hull speed theory?

Don't misjudge that book, you clearly have not seen it.
It shows around 50 pages of formulas and graphs just about your question and
Pierre Gutelle is not shy about using math. It is not a vulgarization book.
You need to be fluent in integral calculus to understand those chapters.

--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Sakari Aaltonen" wrote in message
In article ,
Jacques Mertens wrote:
How about the Pierre Gutelle book?
I have it in french but it is available in english, Wooden Boat sells it.
I found all the math theory about wave resistance with formulas in the

2nd
chapter then, it is applied in chapter 5.
He also shows a good bibliography listing many papers and books about

wave
resistance.
Gutelle may give you all the answers you are looking for.

Thanks, but I think anyone writing on boats is more interested in
applying the theory (of fluid dynamics) than explaining or, indeed,
deriving it.

I'm quite prepared to read a textbook on the subject. It's not
_quantum_ physics...

Sakari Aaltonen