Peggie Hall

Default Barge with camper?

Peggy---I wonder if the composting toilet might leave bad
odors down wind causing hate and discontent wtih those who are there?
Any ideas??

Not if it's installed and operated according to directions. The
drawbacks: a considerable amount of power needed for the heater and
evaporator, and even that may not be enough to prevent the need to
collect excess liquids, which cannot legally be drained overboard.

I am leaning toward a holding tank as pumping out on most
Cape harbors is free.

Sounds like the best solution in this case to me too...especially if
there's a service that comes to you. You haven't lived until you've had
a full tank and no choice except to try to maneuver a barge and all
"sail area" of a RV on it against an outgoing tide and a crosswind to
get into the pumpout dock. And, there's also the matter of
expense...your camper already has a holding tank...modifying the
plumbing to allow it to be pumped out will cost a LOT less than the
$1,000 or so it would cost you to convert to composting or even a Type I
MSD (Lectra/San).

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"

Does anyone know if a steel barge needs to be hauled very
often for painting, maint., or whatever?
Thanx again everyone.

Bill

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:23:34 GMT, Bill wrote:

We aren't sure where we will end up going at this point, however it
will be on the east coast, harbor, maybe Cape Cod area, but not sure.
Bill

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:50:12 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Bill wrote:

As some of you mentioned, yes, we have given this a little more than
just a quick thought. We have a gen set, so power isn't a problem. For
blackwater we are thinking of an Electrasan style disposal system...

Where do you plan to put the barge? If not in coastal waters or a