Sakari Aaltonen

Default Hull speed theory?

In article ,
D MacPherson wrote:
sci.engr.marine.hydrodynamics - but this is not very active.

However, you might find what you need by doing a Google search in the
"Groups" section for "hull speed". There was a large tread about hull speed
in rec.boats.builder a couple years back. You'll find more opinions than you
ever wanted...

Thanks, but I'm not looking for _opinions_, really. I went to the
library today and found quite a number of books on fluid dynamics.
Some had sections on surface waves; the mathematical derivation
shows, indeed, that the propagation speed of such a wave is directly
proportional to the square root of the wavelength. I'll need some
time to work through that derivation...:-)

Sakari Aaltonen