Larry W4CSC

Default Bombardier sells rec vehicle business

His experiences with Rotax engines is normal...

The 951cc twin was a disaster in design with the carbs conveniently
located sucking water from the bottom of the bilge. Stupid.....

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:34:49 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:20:56 -0400, "Doug Meredith"
wrote:

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
Looks like SeaDoo is toast, doesn't it?

Maybe they can get rid of those queer, crappy, Austrian 2-strokers
with the rotating valve nonsense this way......

Considering that they sold it to the family that founded the company,
and invented the first snowmobile, its unlikely that they are gonna
change or dump the number one selling line of PWC's. As far as Rotex
engines go, its highly unlikely to change. These engines are
bulletproof, and have been used in ski-doo's for ever with great
results.

Bulletproof? Right. Unfamiliar with Rotax marine engines.... I told
a friend that they seemed to make a pretty good engine for the
Experimental Aircraft market.

He bought the boat and within a year both engines were toast because
the engineers designed the carburetors to be (carbs?) cooled with raw
water.

Let's see.... zinc bearing metal and sea water.... whatta we got
here?

Nope. He doesn't use the term "bulletproof" to describe them.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Larry W4CSC

Isn't it becoming more practical by the day to make
Iraq's desert the new World Nuclear Waste Disposal Site?