Paul Oman

Default How to dissolve epoxy type material

James & Julie Fields wrote:

Hello all,
I am working on a Vhull boat and am trying to raise the top section from the
bottom section to repair some flooring.. we have raised most of the top
section off but have come to a halt when trying to completely seperate the 2
sections. The back of the boat has soft yet dense "epoxy" type sealant or
absorbant on it. We are trying to find a way to dissolve it or free it so we
can raise the top half of the boat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
to accomplish this.

thanks

epoxies soften with heat and can then be chipped away. Might try a heat gun...

paul oman
www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html

PAUL OMAN ----- Progressive Epoxy Polymers, Inc.
Frog Pond Hollow - 48 Wildwood Dr - Pittsfield NH 03263
603-435-7199 FAX 603-435-7182 VISA/MC/Discover
http://www.epoxyproducts.com
Boating site: http://www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html