Mark Weaver

Default Rudder/Centreboard shaping

"Andrew Denman" wrote in message
Hi,

heard of a method of shaping foils by constructing a jig for a router.
Anyone done this or have a link for some pics?

I've used a table-saw with a dado-blade and a NACA foil template for setting
the blade angle and height. I use multiple longitudinal passes, stopping
short of the end of the stock to leave the top squared off for easier
attachment to the rest of the rudder assembly. a Here's what the template
looks like:

http://www.fototime.com/C8B026E54F3183C/orig.jpg

And here's a comparison of using that method vs a router:

http://www.fototime.com/ED5A7A8CBB17B99/orig.gif

And the last rudder blade I built using the method:

http://www.fototime.com/47D7C04ECDB5C13/orig.jpg

Mark