HiFlyer HiFlyer is offline

Default Christian Radich

In June of 1957, I sailed out of New London, CT aboard the Coast
Guard's Barque EAGLE with full-rigged ship CHRISTIAN RADICH off our
quarter filming a sceme for the 1958 movie.

We stayed together most of the day and then she left us for her
itinerary and we sailed straight on to Bergen, Norway.

I remember that, with the prevailing winds, EAGLE's 22,000 square
feet of sail made it difficult for the smaller ship to keep up, but
they wanted EAGLE's 22 sails to be set.

HF.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:20:44 GMT, joevan
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:29:09 +0100, "RtW" wrote:

Some links of interest:

http://www.radich.no/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Radich_(ship)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052397/