[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Raymarine product horrors

On Jan 29, 9:14 am, GeoffSchultz
wrote:
Once again I will state that you need to look at the system as a
whole. ...

It seems quite possible that the refresh and positioning problems
could be a result of network issues. A bad cable or connection or a
faulty talker could be overwhelming the network with bad packets.
This happens on LANs all the time and is one of the potential
downsides of networked instrument systems.

... As far as RayMarine tech support, I have always found
them very reasonable to deal with if you approach them with a
reasonable attitide. ...

I guess the tech support must be hit or miss. I've never gotten any
satisfaction from them and I've tried hard. Also, my experience with
my Raytheon radar has been mixed at best and I would not recommend it.
Although, that's a moot point as they have moved on the their new
tech.

--Tom.