Backyard Renegade

Default polyester - epoxy bonding

(Ron Thornton) wrote in message ...
William,

There is no argument in the context of this thread. Walt already has
done the repair with epoxy so cost is not a consideration. He seemed to
be asking if polyester would be better. I say no way.

Epoxy is best because its bonding abilities are well documented compared
to polyester. To prove that polyester is good enough for coating a rock
(or any one time repair) requires a guess or some testing. Neither
approach is worth the risk of using an inferior materal because of the
cost difference between E and P for the normal repair jobs we discuss
here.

Ron

Ron,... Hey, I wuz just having a little fun with William when I
mentioned the rock, and btw, I have done the tests and you might be
surprised at the result... a lot has to do with the color of the
rock!...
Sorry, I did not mean to start a fuss.
Scotty, going back to my rocks...