Ron Thornton

Default polyester - epoxy bonding

William,

There is no argument in the context of this thread. Walt already has
done the repair with epoxy so cost is not a consideration. He seemed to
be asking if polyester would be better. I say no way.

Epoxy is best because its bonding abilities are well documented compared
to polyester. To prove that polyester is good enough for coating a rock
(or any one time repair) requires a guess or some testing. Neither
approach is worth the risk of using an inferior materal because of the
cost difference between E and P for the normal repair jobs we discuss
here.

Ron