HK HK is offline

Default Music

wrote:
On Jan 28, 10:50 am, HK wrote:
John wrote:
"HarryLovesBushandRush" wrote in message
Yesterday I took wife, daughter, and granddaughter to see the United
States
Marine Band perform. They did a spectacular job, as usual.
On the way home, I asked my daughter and granddaughter if they learned any
patriotic songs in school. When I was a kid, we learned "God Bless
America," "America the Beautiful," My Country 'tis of Thee," " Battle
Hymn
of the Republic," and so on. Apparently these songs are too religious, for
the most part, to be taught in public schools anymore.
Anyone have different experiences?
--
John H
I live in one of the most liberal cities in NC. When my daughter was in

If this is truly a "free" country, then no one, not even a child, should
have to participate in a mandatory "pledge" to an inanimate object, such
as a flag.

And I challenge you to show me one incident where there has been a
"mandatory pledge to an inanimate object" forced on any child, or
adult for that matter. I have been proven wrong here before and admit
it freely but I don't think anyone has been stupid enough to "force"
any pledge as "manditory" in over a decade. Again, please feel free to
prove me wrong...

Yes, well, that was the point of the superintendent of schools in that
unnamed North Carolina city, a point with which I agreed and my post
reinforced. Children should not be forced or even coerced in "pledging"
or prayer. Do you actually have the ability to read for content?

I wish schools could get out entirely of any business except teaching
reading, writing, math, and science, and helping kids learn how to
think. It was pretty much like that in the 1950's in my public schools.
We didn't waste a second on crapola like school prayer and pledges.

--
George W. Bush - Worst President Ever, to the very last minute of the
very last day of his term.