[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Music

On Jan 28, 10:50*am, HK wrote:
John wrote:
"HarryLovesBushandRush" wrote in message
.. .
Yesterday I took wife, daughter, and granddaughter to see the United
States
Marine Band perform. They did a spectacular job, as usual.

On the way home, I asked my daughter and granddaughter if they learned any
patriotic songs in school. When I was a kid, we learned "God Bless
America," "America the Beautiful," *My Country 'tis of Thee," " Battle
Hymn
of the Republic," and so on. Apparently these songs are too religious, for
the most part, to be taught in public schools anymore.

Anyone have different experiences?
--
John H

I live in one of the most liberal cities in NC. *When my daughter was in
fifth grade I asked her if she new the Pledge of Allegiance. *Her comment
was "yes we just learned that as a history lesson". *I was stunned, fifth
grade and just learned the pledge as a HISTORY lesson?????

I wrote a letter to the principal and asked him why they only taught the
pledge of allegiance as a history lesson. *The reply that I got back, came
directly from the Supervisor of schools for the city. *Basically it was a
super PC answer, they will not force anyone to say any oaths in classrooms.

Since then North Carolina has passed a state law to put the pledge back into
schools.

If this is truly a "free" country, then no one, not even a child, should
have to participate in a mandatory "pledge" to an inanimate object, such
as a flag.

And I challenge you to show me one incident where there has been a
"mandatory pledge to an inanimate object" forced on any child, or
adult for that matter. I have been proven wrong here before and admit
it freely but I don't think anyone has been stupid enough to "force"
any pledge as "manditory" in over a decade. Again, please feel free to
prove me wrong...