Backyard Renegade

Default epoxy bite to wood

(Ron Thornton) wrote in message ...
What is a proper grit to prepare "A" faced ply (birch if it makes a
difference) for epoxy coating prior to painting.

Ron

Sorry I did not read this post and just responded to the end of the
post. I addressed glueing stuff together in another post but I did not
answer your question.
I would probably use something like 150 to prepare for the epoxy. Put
your goo on real thin the first coat, and sand and apply another...
very thin, no fillers, this should give you a nice surface to paint
on. Then wash off the blush (wax), sand with 250 and have at it. Most
paints will go right over most epoxy without primer in my experience
but the blush must be all gone, check with the manufacturers too of
course.
Scotty
I should note that I am not a fan at all of so called "encapsulation"
and have no time to address that here, but I do often use epoxy as a
"sanding sealer" and then primer as described above. This is for me
an economics thing as I get my epoxy pretty cheap, cheaper than paint,
sealer, or varinish. I can also count on a solid cure in a determined
period, something the others can't always offer me.
"Effin'A"