Meindert Sprang

Default lapstrake rabbet

"Bill Mc" wrote in message
om...
Yeap, the Gain is what I'm after, tom hill s book is at my local
public library.
Is the gain's "depth of cut" starts from 1/2 of thickness at the end,
and tapers out to 0 depth at approx 1 1/2ft from the end? Width is
constant 1 1/4in.

I used a power plane to do that. Divide the total length in four equal parts
and mark them. Set the plane to 1/5 of the maximum depth you want to make
this gain (1/2 plank thickness). Plane from the first quarter marker to the
end of the plank. Then another sweep from the second marker to the end. A
third sweep from the third marker to the end and two final sweeps over the
full length. Done.

Meindert