Tim Tim is offline

Default A question about fantastic failures.

That's interesting to say the least.

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
news BAR wrote:
D.Duck wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
I realize I'm not putting much thought into this post, and I forget
the name of the guy that is uber-rich, that made a few unsucessful
baloon adventures to try to float around the world, or the atlantic
etc, then he flew a plane for some record around the world soso
attempt, then on his last adventure of what ever glorious feat he was
labeled as "missing"..

What ever came of the guy? Did he survive? be found? rescued? or is
still..."Missing"?
Steve Fossett is the name you are tring to remember. His wife has gone
to court to have him declared dead.
She must be holding some large insurance polices.

She wouldn't need any, he was probably self insured.
Other than your assets, how do you self insure life insurance?

If you have enough assets you do not need insurance. Except if needed to
pay death taxes.

I just read a news article that stated she was asking for the courts to
declare Fossett dead, so they could probate the will. No one contested
the proceedings, so he probably didn't have life insurance.