Backyard Renegade

Default Bateau Cheap Canoe....?

PAMKILL (Wiz) wrote in message ...
James,

you've got a bone in your teeth now; run with it. I've been screwing my mouth
up when I read that a pirogue is "tippy", so I'll go ahead and out with it...
tippy is relative; take three boats in the same size range a baidarka, a
round-bottom (or multi-chine) canoe, and a pirogue. Go out paddling in each.
You'll come back raving about how stable the pirogue is.

Remember, these things, and their dugout predecessors, were designed to be
propelled by a (skilled) man poling the boat while *standing* near the stern.

I suspect you'll find it quite stable for your uses.

And I will add my 2 cents here. I say, use the luan, do not glass it,
just paint it and put it in the water. Glassing that boat will only
add weight and cost, still got a 5-10 year boat, max...
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

Cheers/The Fader

I hate to bug the guy on a freebie, especially for such a simple
boat!! What the heck, I'll just put her together and give it a shot. If its
too tender for me, I'll pass it along to a nephew.

"LABOR SVGIT"