Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default A question about fantastic failures.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:34:34 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
Thanks duck. What was feat he was trying to kill himself for?

D.Duck wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
I realize I'm not putting much thought into this post, and I forget
the name of the guy that is uber-rich, that made a few unsucessful
baloon adventures to try to float around the world, or the atlantic
etc, then he flew a plane for some record around the world soso
attempt, then on his last adventure of what ever glorious feat he was
labeled as "missing"..

What ever came of the guy? Did he survive? be found? rescued? or is
still..."Missing"?

Steve Fossett is the name you are tring to remember. His wife has gone
court to have him declared dead.

He was on a routine flight. The wreckage has never been found after an
extensive search.

http://www.stevefossett.com/

He was flying near Area 51.

And we all know what happens when you fly around Area 51. :)

Was flying around the Black Rock Desert looking for a land speed record
site. Black Rock is where Burning Man occurs, and maybe the man got PO'ed
about getting burned.