D.Duck[_2_] D.Duck[_2_] is offline

Default Video Essentials

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"D.Duck" wrote in message

I assume you got the new "digital" edition. Without seeing the "analog"
version can you see where it is specifically aimed at digital video? I
don't care about the audio setup parts. My ear works fine for me.

Are some of the video shots of a lady in a produce department, Buckingham
fountain in Chicago, a kid in a straw hat. Just curious if they used the
same material from the analog version.

I knew you could work your way through it. The reviewers must have been
real klutzes, at least the ones that knocked it.

Thanks for the input.

Having not seen the "analog" version, I'd say the whole DVD is geared
towards digital equipment. It briefly demonstrates the difference between
the older, "PAL" video standards and the newer digital NTSC standards from
a historical point of view but that's about it for analog. In fact, it
pretty much announces the demise of analog.

I don't recall seeing any of the video shots you mentioned. There are
several of a couple at a restaurant and a montage of images, including the
NASA video.

Not bad. Even Mrs.E. who usually watches everything in "Dynamic" factory
mode was very impressed with the improvement in picture quality,
particularly High Definition, and I didn't play with any of the advanced
setup adjustments .... (yet).

Eisboch

Sounds like something I'll have to get when I finally make the move to a
HDTV. I think one of the greatest improvements comes from backing way off
on the factory "sharpness" setting. Then getting away from the so called
torch mode.

Most people are used to the factory provided torch mode/excessive sharpness
and just realize how really good a toned down picture can look, be it analog
or digital TVs.